This past week Meredith and I have had more time together than usual...and we've had lots more time with Nurse Grammy. This week, Meredith and I have both faced and (hopefully) conquered the swine flu.
Yes, the dreaded disease that everyone is so afraid of.
Yes, the dreaded thing that has caused us to use insane amounts of hand sanitizer.
Yes, the dreaded thing that has made us want to put her in a bubble...
We were hot girls for several days and now we're just coughing and snotty girls. But we've had more together time than since we went to the beach in May. So, together, we've watched lots of Veggie Tales and Chip and Dale videos. We've played countless rounds of Disney Bingo. We've drawn pictures and built houses. We've used mega blocks and Grandpa's blocks...and recently added Magtastik building components. We've worked puzzles and watched more videos.
It's at times like these that I remember that she needs my time more than anything. She needs me to be excited as she learns how things work and how creative she can be. She needs me to cheer for her and just hold her when she's pitiful.
And for that, I'm thankful that we've had the swine flu. I just hope next time, we don't have to be sick to enjoy several days of time together! I love my angel girl!
typography
8 months ago
We've been thinking of you guys these past few days. Joshua asked about Meredith on the way to church today. He also asks about her when we go anywhere. He really expects her to be wherever we go. Silly boy. I'm glad to hear you guys are recovering!
ReplyDelete