So, you might know that we had tornado warnings in our area for a good part of the day. I don't typically get nervous about storms until the sirens start going off....which happened today. This time, my mom (aka Grammy) was here spending time with Meredith and I on my birthday and we got a call from my next door neighbor who was watching the news and knew that we weren't. Based on her warnings and then the sirens, Mom had the great idea to take Meredith to our basement to look for bugs with a flashlight and magnifying glass.
Good thinking, Grammy! Meredith thought it was great to be in our basement (under the stairs) looking for bugs. Thankfully, Grammy also took the time to teach Meredith that the thunder (which generally scares M) is God's way of reminding us that the storm is passing over. Wow...Grammy is good.
Anyhow, the sweet sounds came as the three of us, stuck under the stairs listened to the storm and...and Grammy and Meredith sang "Happy Birthday" to me! Wish I had the video camera with me in our storm shelter...
God is good...and provided protection in more ways that one today! :)
Hope you all (to whoever reads this) finds God's peace in the storm with the sweet sounds of believers around you!
typography
8 months ago
Ruth! I didn't know you had a blog! Adrian found it for me when he was looking at my Google Analytics or something. Yea! So neat. '
ReplyDeleteThis is a GREAT post. I am glad you were able to see the wonderful moments in the midst of the storm. Glad you're safe. Happy belated birthday! Kelly