Monday, June 8, 2009

annoying

Man, this potty training is annoying.

Today, I picked M up from school - she'd only had one accident - #2 on the playground. Not terribly surprising.... apparently for the teachers. And, this is a trend for M...

Then, off to dinner and then VBS. Gotta love VBS - it's M's first time with it. BHCC really does it up big and so I suppose it's great that M's able to attend this year.

But, annoying to pick M up from her little Wee Roman class and find her pants all wet. Apparently, she doesn't see the need to stop playing on the playground to go to the potty....particularly with teachers she only "met" yesterday. Gosh. What a pain. So, I drag her to the bathroom and proceed to demand that she take off the wet clothes. She'd rather trace the pattern on the stall wall. Annoying. So, I'm ready to scream at her.... but restrain, 'cause, gosh, I'm in church.

What's a parent to do? I'm so annoyed. I suppose I should wash out the poopy pants (and shirt and shorts) from school - which have baked in the car during VBS - and go to bed. Hopefully I won't be so annoyed by this whole process in the morning.

Ruth

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Didn't mean to leave the impression that we've got it licked, if I did. Camden had an accident on the way home from VBS last night, and he was wet this morning also. Someday....Oh, and I did witness Meredith say she needed to go potty (when asked) at the beginning of VBS if it makes you feel any better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a process that I'm not looking forward to. It will get better. I'm sure we were all giving our parents the same trouble when we were that age - and as far as I know, we all pee in the potty. :)

    ReplyDelete